Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Edaboard Poor Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Forum seems to be working well now."

Seemed so. But it isn't so.

"Reply With Quote" currently doesn't work. Bold, Italic, Underline & Quote knobs disappeared. No help to insert URLs or images any more. "Manage Attachments" "Insert Inline" doesn't work ...

Attachments

• Reply_With_Quote.png
    Reply_With_Quote.png
    19 KB · Views: 138

In a brief, there have been inconsistencies when moving Edaboard server to https protocol which are fixed now.

The answer is referring to the temporary disappearance of editing buttons reported by erikl. Performance problems have been observed before the https change, and are still happening from time to time as far as I'm aware of.

Poor performance is back to being annoying again.

Any news please?

The timestamps are not correct yet- for me they are off by 1/2 hour and therefore neither local nor UTC.

The timestamps are not correct yet- for me they are off by 1/2 hour and therefore neither local nor UTC.

Sounds unrelated to the poor performance's issue: In your profile, the Time Options timezone is set to GMT + 5:30. If it is actually another value that should be, please send me a PM with the correct value and I will try to fix/set, or forward to an Admin if it is not possible with my access permissions.

It seems like the "no service" problem is back. I noticed it 12 hours ago and again this morning.

It's been a problem here for several days. It stopped me approving posts several times and lost some replies I had typed to messages.
I find sometimes it hangs with my browser (Firefox) indicating it is loading "google syndication" but whether Google is the hold up or the server just stops at that point is unclear. Extremely frustrating though...

Brian.

Hello,

I don't think Google has to do with it nor firefox.
I work with a two systems, a PC with firefox as well as a tablet with another browser.
Both systems show the same behaviour. Even a wired connection as well as a mobile connection show the same behaviour.
Other web adresses are accessable normally.

Klaus

I am seeing inconsitent failures of the scrollbar to load -
it will appear, then go away. Sometimes a page reload
fixes it and sometimes not. Kooky.

Been getting the "no data received" error when trying to load the site on Chrome recently.

Hi All...

I've been looking into the performance of the forums. We have a monitoring system that watches for outages and there was one this morning about 7:40 EST (-5 utc). Suspects on my radar are plugins right now.

As I find out more information I'll relay it here.

- - - Updated - - -

We're you logged in when Chrome gave you this message?

I've seen the same "no data received" error messages after a few minutes over the last few months.

Though now that you've disabled plugins, edaboard does seem quite a bit more responsive...

We're you logged in when Chrome gave you this message?
I always choose "remember me" when logging in, so I should have been logged in prior to the issue. Can't really tell for sure if I can't even load the site though...

Thanks for looking into the matter!

At 6:42 am (-8 GMT) till 6:47 am and sporadically after for another minute or two the edabord was timing out with the following message in chrome.
This page isn’t working
www.edaboard.com didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

When not experiencing this issue page loads do seem faster overall since the disabling of the plugins.

Do you remeber what page / post you were looking at? Or were you trying to post something to the site and got this?

Removed a bunch of plugins. If you notice any missing functionality thats critical please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back