Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Edaboard Poor Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

hexreader

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Am I the only one having problems with forum performance?

On a good day/time Edaboard forum works great

On a bad day like today (maybe one or two days a week?), Edaboard takes a long time (maybe 10 seconds) to respond

On a very bad day/time, Edaboard is so slow to respond that error message is displayed in place of home screen.

Is there any possibility of fixing forum performance please?

I use Chrome on Windows 64 PC in England.

I love Edaboard, but it is getting a bit frustrating using it.

Fingers crossed.......

Many thanks,

Robin (AKA hexreader)

There is sometimes really a problem during loading.I guess it's coming from the ads that are embedded to the board but I'm not sure..

Recently I get error messages 'Cannot connect' or 'Service not available', etc. It might continue several minutes as I try to load Edaboard pages. Then suddenly Edaboard is back to normal. Reason unknown. Today Nov 20 it's behaving normal.

The loading speed of pages has certainly deteriorated for me over the last couple of days. Sometimes I can't get into this site for several minutes.

Seems to work fast again now: 26th November 2017, 15:49 CET Germany

I had no problem so far today 26-Nov-2017 00 to 18 GMT but I am in India; I used to blame the occasional performance problems to the national network!

Today I had quite a few time-out errors "service not available" when trying to upload pictures.

I get the 'waiting" message below almost every-time when I try to use the forum. This is not an ISP problem, as I have a very fast connection and no problems with other sites.

Attachments

• waiting.png
    waiting.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 176
  • speed.png
    speed.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 169
  • service.jpg
    service.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 167

Any news please?

Not sure if performance is getting worse, or my patience is getting shorter, but the problems still remain :(

- - - Updated - - -

Any news please?

Not sure if performance is getting worse, or my patience is getting shorter, but the problems still remain :(

Sometimes it takes 10..30 seconds for a response.

Sometimes: Service_Unavailable.png

Really no fun any more :-((

I just wasted more than 20 min trying to post a reply with an attachment. Kept getting the "unavailable" error! Another 10 min posting this update??

Hi,

This afternoon the site just seemed to stop functioning between halfway through to just after posting a reply, and carried on not loading the site/pages for about two (maybe three?) hours in my case.

For the Internet-savvy people, why can a site be pinged and respond well on all four pings but not load in a browser? This can happen - very rarely - with other websites.

Once or twice a year Edaboard seems to have this problem sending pages to our computers. It might recur for a week at a time. Then it works fine for a few months. We do not usually hear news from system programmers about hackers, malfunctions, etc., and so we can't easily explain the unresponsive delays, nor duplicated submissions when we post messages.

I've also been seeing lots of "service unavailable" and "website can't be reached" errors, which usually last tens of minutes or hours, both at home and at work. Seems like poor hosting to me.

Today I noticed something that I did not do earlier; the time stamps on the posts appear to be incorrect (they are neither GMT or local)

Any small difference which might suggest an added summer time ?

Forum seems to be working well now.

Don't know who fixed it, but thank you to whoever it was...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back