Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Edaboard Poor Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came on, opened several posts in different tabs to read through (as I normally do) and not one of the tabs actually displayed anything.
They all needed reloading.

:(

In the past year or two I get longer pauses until a website loads. Often images do not load, or a message might say "Website took too long to respond", or "Connection dropped". It doesn't happen with every website, but a lot of them, including Edaboard.

I am getting tired of seeing "waiting for edaboard.com" after clicking on a post or logging in. This site is not a pleasure to use for the last couple of months. I have no problems with other similar sites.

If you can note the time & article you're on that would be helpful to us in tracking down where the issues are coming from. We've removed a lot of plugins and got a bump in speed, but still get time outs once in awhile.

Just received this after trying to open a new tab of edaboard using Firefox. I have never seen this happen before.
Database Error Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.edaboard.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.edaboard.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Yes that was my fault. Reindexing some of the tables to increase read speed and realized that I didn't set it to play nice with other connections.

All times are GMT +5. The time now is 10:19.
Powered by vBulletin™
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

For me, the time should be GMT +5.5 (and the time reported above is wrong by 1/2 h)

Slow response this morning and then crashed.

Attachments

• eda_err.jpg
    eda_err.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 248

Yeah that was me again monkeying with the database. I flushed the slow query log and had to restart.

Anyhow... found a query that kept coming up again and again in the log and tracked it down to a page on the site that isn't used that much. "Tweeked" ie turned a HUGE php sql query into plain old rendered HTML and haven't seen it popup in 4 hours now.

There is a problem with the loading. The loading speed is very poor. But performance is not up to expectations.

Timeout on loading time last night, again, again.
This is the only forum where I experience these issues.

Frequently on accessing this site I get "Waiting for response from ....". Usually I give up waiting but it works fine later.
Yesterday I got the "Close" box and this site asked me to login. I haven't logged in for many years and forgot my password. I asked to change my password and this site sent me a temporary password that I changed to a password that I selected and it worked, yesterday. Today I was asked to login again. WHY?????

- - - Updated - - -

Accessing this site again I got the "Close" box again but I managed to make this post.

- - - Updated - - -

Today I get the "Close" box (which I can close) every time I access this site. Ad Blocker shows that it has blocked 1 ad but on other sites it blocks 8 to 12 ads with no problems.

Did you make sure to click the remember me check box. I only get the issue if cookies get deleted and I forget to check that box.

I've been away for quite a while, only checking in occasionally during that period. The first thing I noticed on coming back was the blank pop-up mentioned by others. A more important issue is that I have to log in every time I open the forum site even though I always tick the 'Remember me' box. Sometimes I get logged out by a simple refresh and I have to log in all over again.

I've been away for quite a while, only checking in occasionally during that period. The first thing I noticed on coming back was the blank pop-up mentioned by others. A more important issue is that I have to log in every time I open the forum site even though I always tick the 'Remember me' box. Sometimes I get logged out by a simple refresh and I have to log in all over again.

Two days ago it logged me out and asked for me to log in but I forgot my password. Today it is fine for me but accessing this site is difficult almost every day. Usually it is waiting for something and says, "Not Responding", or I get the "Close" box.
Today my Ad Blocker program shows that now it blocked only one ad but usually when I have trouble it show 3 ads. Maybe that is the problem but the Ad Blocker program blocks many more ads on other sites with no problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Just now I logged in without a reply and I got the "Close" box. When I closed the box then I came to this reply.

Still getting at least one period of downtime per day. When it happens it usually effects the entire site, not certain threads or subforums. And it usually happens just as I hit "submit" on a post that took over 10 minutes to type and edit....

Is it around the same time every day? What time are you seeing this? Let me know oyu're timezone too.

Is it around the same time every day? What time are you seeing this? Let me know oyu're timezone too.

Just now I saw this reply so I am replying. I got in very quickly which hasn't happened for weeks after delays for hundreds of times and I did not get the CLOSE box that I got every time I did anything on this site for a few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Again I got in quickly with no CLOSE box. My Ad Blocker program usually shows that it has blocked 3 ads on this site but today it is blocking only 1 ad. Other websites work perfectly and the ad Blocker program blocks up to 9 ads.

Accessing this site now I got the CLOSE box again and my Ad Blocker shows it blocked 3 ads.

- - - Updated - - -

And again, same CLOSE box but only 1 ad blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back