Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Edaboard Poor Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audioguru, I don't think this has anything to do with an Ad blocker. I have one running on one machine and none on another machine and none on my phone. In all three cases I see periodic slow downs and abnormal behaviour.

The close box you are referring to is probably the one where the site is asking you to signup for the newsletter. I see that occasionally even though I'm signed in (It always happens if I'm not signed in).

Why don't you try running without the ad blocker blocking ads for edaboard to see if that changes the behaviour (which I doubt will do anything)

Just now I opened your reply with no problems and Ad Blocker blocked 1 ad.
I closed and accessed the home page and got the CLOSE box and Ad Blocker blocked 3 ads like it almost always does here.

I paused Ad Blocker (now it says AdGuard, not Ad Blocker) and accessed the home page and got the CLOSE box with a huge ad from Microchip in it! Every other site does not have a CLOSE box around each ad that covers most of the page, instead they have a smaller ad off to the side without a CLOSE box and Ad Blocker simply leaves a space on the page where the ad would be or the page is enlarged.

- - - Updated - - -

Every time I access the home page with AdGuard paused I get a huge ad in the middle of the page surrounded by the CLOSE box. The text on this site is in the background with a dark transparent cover over it.
When AdGuard is working then I get a huge rectangular Box that says CLOSE in it and the text on this site is in the background with a dark transparent cover over it.

Wouldn't it be something if all the website problems are due to some poorly written pop-up ad code.

Sounds like it's blocking the Interstitial ad. That's on a different server and doesn't call anything on the EDA database.

Is it around the same time every day? What time are you seeing this? Let me know oyu're timezone too.
Usually in the morning (8-10am EST).

And it just went down briefly before posting this.

Just now I replied to the last post and got in perfectly without having a CLOSE box. AdGuard shows that it blocked only one ad and I always get in fine when it blocks only one ad.

- - - Updated - - -

Just now I accessed the Home page and got the CLOSE box. As usual when I access the Home page, AdGuard blocked three ads. Closing the CLOSE box and typing this reply, AdGuard has blocked only one ad.

- - - Updated - - -

Just now I paused AdGuard on this site, accessed the Home page and got a huge CLOSE box with a Mouser ad inside it. I do not get these CLOSE boxes on any other sites.
The problem seems to be the way ads are displayed on this site.

Another slow down at ~7:45 am PDT caused a double post after reporting that I was leaving a page with unsaved data.

how are you attaching images? leadership-badge-@2x.png

Oooh... OK.. I check see if we can increase the limit with this upload

Oooh... OK.. I check see if we can increase the limit with this upload

Some time ago the maximum size limit for image attachments was actually decreased by some other Admin, but I can not remember exactly to what size. This was done due to the regularly of some members putting at a single post several photographs having several Megabytes each one, which was a real waste of resources of the system. In addition, quite often pictures with more than 1MB did not fit the viewable area of the Browser (even not yet clicking the Zoom+ mouse cursor), turning hardest to see the picture in the standard view, therefore in the case of increasing this setting I would suggest not doing to a much larger value.

The remember me check box does not work; the first thing I see is a close box and I must close that first.

Somehow it does remember the password but not the user name. When I type the first letter, the full user name appears.

I am using ubuntu and firefox.

Pretty unmotivating.

The remember me check box does not work; the first thing I see is a close box and I must close that first.

Somehow it does remember the password but not the user name. When I type the first letter, the full user name appears.

I am using ubuntu and firefox.

Pretty unmotivating.

Do you use AdGuard AdBlocker like I do? When I access this site with it working then I get the CLOSE box and it says it closed 3 ads. When I pause the AdBlocker then I get in fine but I must wait for 3 or 4 ads to load.

UPDATE: With AdGuard AdBlocker working I get the CLOSE box when I access the main page and this site also does not remember me, I must log in. When I reply to a post with AdGuard AdBlocker working I get the CLOSE box but this site does remember me and shows that I am logged in.
With AdGuard AdBlocker paused I get the CLOSE box with an ad in it when I access the main page and this site does remember me.

I turned AdGuard AdBlocker on while typing this and it shows that IT BLOCKED 74 ADS IN THE LAST FEW MINUTES AND THE NUMBER KEEPS CLIMBING (95 NOW). Way too many ads, The Weather Network gives 7 ads and that is the most I have ever seen until now.
I use Windows 10, EDGE browser.

Last edited:

CentOS with Firefox and AdBlock has 4 ads blocked on the site. Never more or less, always 4, but the same 4 ads get block with every change of page, but they don't increase if I sit on a page.

I'd say it's MS pushing ads on Win10 using the Edge browser, they've done similar stunts before. I also never see your issue with log in problems with either Win 7 or CentOS.

Are you sure you don't have the browsers set to delete cookies from edaboard, I only see login changes when I delete all cookies including this site's cookies.

Do you use AdGuard AdBlocker like I do? When I access this site with it working then I get the CLOSE box and it says it closed 3 ads. When I pause the AdBlocker then I get in fine but I must wait for 3 or 4 ads to load.

I used adblock plus but that is not the culprit here; I still get the close box when I whitelist the page.

(the only difference is that the close box contains the ad now).

Now it (ABP) says that it has blocked 3 ads. Not bad because my bandwidth is low and loading takes time.

Instead of Whitelist that I never heard about before, I use AVG free anti-virus software. I do not dare to see what happens on this site if I turn it off.

I cannot reply to any thread of Edaboard Jobs Forum..
Is there any particular reason or it's just a rule for everyone which I don't know

Both the sections Business, Promotions, Advertising and EDA Jobs were locked to replies, once the original purpose is just to make contact with the one who published it (or with the address provided there). The threads that contain replies there, got it before being moved from another section.

YAY! No more CLOSE box. And my AdGuard AdBlocker software works here perfectly like on all the other website I go to.
Thank-you, admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back