Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

XAUI (10G) Combo Port PHY for Ehternet Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul Soni

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I'm trying to complete the 10 port switch desing which requires 8 GE copper ports and 2 combo ports (Copper+Fiber).
I'm using 88SE6390 switch IC from Marvell which has 8 integrated GE PHYs and provide 2 SERDES lanes to connect any MAC/PHY externally.

When I look for a SGMII/ RGMII based combo port (copper+fiber) phy I see a lot of options from Marvell, Qualcomm, Broadcom etc. but when I try to find a 10G supported combo port PHY, I could not see any option.

I want to know if any XAUI based 10GE combo port (Copper+Fiber) PHY exists in the market or not?
If yes, can you please share any part? If not, how do Cisco/ D-link/Netgear provide 10G combo ports in their devices?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.