Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA to eMMC clk frequency & adjustable sampling point

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtr

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

eMMC standard JESD84-51

Question is regarding the emmc host clock.
I've read that the host clock operates at fod = 400KHz during identification etc.

From anyone that's dealt with eMMC devices before, what I want to know is
1. When I change the ecsd registers to allow a faster speed, does that mean every subsequent command I send shall operate at the new frequency?
2. When dealing with HS200+ how does one create an adjustable sampling point?

Regards,
Wes

Bus sampling tuning concept

Hello all,

What exactly is eMMC standard JESD84-B51 talking about regarding 6.6.5 bus sampling tuning concept?

Previously I raised a question that received no replies, so I'm going to attempt to reword this.

1. Host controls clock and sends it to the device.
  2. Host requests device to send a tuning pattern by cmd21 on cmd line.
  3. Host captures tuning pattern (sent on data lines) and compares with expected. There shall be 4 or 8 active data lines.
  4. Host finds optimal sampling point for the data lines (I'm confused here)

Last point, am I suppose to increment the sampling point on each line independently

For example dat lines 1, 3, 5, 7 all work on the first clk, whereas other lines are a clk cycle later?

Surely by just monitoring the start bit everything is in sync?

Please send me to some reading materials, for I don't fully understand what the standard is trying to tell me.

Many thanks in advance,
Wes

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.