Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Synth 8-5396] Clock pin C has keep....A WARNING that fails the design operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdarvishi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I have a design with 32-bits period counter. After implementation, I see the following INFO message and hence my period counter does not count the period of its input signal !!! Does any one have an idea how to solve this issue?

Kind replies and hlps are in advance appreciated.

Code:
[Synth 8-5396] Clock pin C has keep related attribute (keep/mark_debug/dont_touch) which could create extra logic on its net ["D:/Xilinx/Ring_Oscillator_Design/REF_design2/REF_design2.srcs/sources_1/imports/sources/period_counter.vhd":34]

Thanks and Regards,

You've assigned a KEEP attribute to the signal which prevents the tool from optimizing that signal. If you really want to keep that signal, then don't worry too much about the warning.

what is the net?

For example, this can occur if you have a counter that is unused driven from a clock that is only used by the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back