Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In ADS, is there a way to tune values of components using only standard values only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDeath

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When using the ADS component tuning feature you can tune values of components but usually the values you arrive to are not available and you need to go manually and tune them to standard values. Genesys has a feature where you can select the tuning values to be a percentage, a step size or standard values including the precision %. Is there a way to do that or assign a vector/list of numbers where you can write standard values that can then be used as the values available for the tuning?

Thanks.

Yes there is an option.You can insert the tuning parameters in Tuning dialog.. tune.PNG You probably know it
In fact, Murata has a Design Kit for their caps. and inductors to do an discrete optimization so the optimizer uses standard valued components only in a discrete list but I don't know how they did..

Last edited:

uses standard valued components only in a discrete list but I don't know how they did..

It is described here (login required):
https://edadocs.software.keysight.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=17317287

The basic idea is that the model library has S-parameters that can be accessed by a sequential number (1,2,3 ...) , and the tuning/optimizer changes that number -> switch to corresponding model. So the magic is in the design kit.

That's the designkit/model library solution. Coming back to the initial question: I don't know if there is an easy way to restrict "ideal" parts to standard component values also. For accuracy reason, the component library will be the better solution anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back