Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Four-pinned crystal 25MHz 25MHz 25.000MHz 3.2x2.5 3225 passive SMD quartz crystal osc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garyl

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey,
I am looking for 25MHz SMD crystal for my PIC18F board and I found that:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...SMD-quartz-crystal-oscillator/1115967627.html
The product name says:
Code:
20PCS 25MHz 25.000MHz 3.2x2.5 3225 passive SMD quartz crystal oscillator
but there is no more description.

The image attached looks like this:
4pinscrystal.png

My question is, why is there 4 pins? Is this crystal somehow intnegrated with capacitors or what? But even integrated crystal with capacitors would have GND, OSC1, OSC2 pins - that's 3 pins and not 4....

My question is, why is there 4 pins? Is this crystal somehow integrated with capacitors or what?
No specific reason, no capacitors. It's an industry standard package, used both for oscillators (4 terminals) and crystals (2 signal + 2 ground terminals). You can review datasheets from major manufacturers, e.g. Abracon.

The 4 pins crystal have VCC and GND pins more 2 pin crystal. And more accurate
usually,1 pin N.C(No Connect);2 pin GND;3 pin Output;4 pin VCC(VDD)

The 4 pins crystal have VCC and GND pins more 2 pin crystal. And more accurate
usually,1 pin N.C(No Connect);2 pin GND;3 pin Output;4 pin VCC(VDD)
You are talking about crystal oscillator in contrast to simple crystal. Unfortunately the difference can't be determined by looking at the case, you need to check the type specification.

Status
Not open for further replies.