Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved [Accelerators for sensing vibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy1505

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[moved[ Accelerometers for sensing vibration

Good afternoon, I am currently attempting to build a circuit for my university dissertation. I am looking to build a cct that would use an accelerometer to sense vibration from say a gearbox of a helicopter to a storage device before being transferred via Bluetooth to a laptop. My questions are. 1) would this be feasible 2) how and what materials would I require in order to build a prototype? Thank you very much in advance for your time over this

Re: [moved[ Accelerometers for sensing vibration

Hi,

I see only 3 lines...
This is too vague.

Your first job will be to divide the task into smaller tasks.
Give each task a name, define it´s inputs and it´s output. Define what is inside: How to process and stor data, what data format, how many data you want to store....

Connect each smaller task with the other tasks and define the connection = interface. Data format, data volume per time, what interface, what protocol...

Klaus

Re: [moved[ Accelerometers for sensing vibration

Hi shaggy,

Using Accelerometer to sense vibration will not be a smart way
Accelerometers have internal processing to filter out vibrations and do not have a very high throughput to sense vibrations accurately.

For vibration sensing, you have to g with dedicated piezo electric vibration sensors

For your application, you may need the following blocks

* Piezo sensors
* Control Unit, (Microcontroller)
* EEPROM / SD CARD interface
* Bluetooth module (Either Classic or BLE)

All the best!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back