Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there is any chance to micro controller perform last task, when power ON/OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja.p

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all..
thank u for u r support on my previous questions..

My application is ON/off a RELAY for 60 times by making one pin of the micro controller is high/low and counting the cycles(ON/OFF)..
In this condition while perform the task power is off..after power ON i want to continue from before the power is off..
for EXAMPLE
At 25 cycle power is off ..After power ON i want to continue from 25cyycle on-wards..

Now i am using PIC12F675 or 16F73 MICRO controller ..
is this possible ..(with using external supply for micro controller)
if it is possible...
please help meee

Hi,

You need an "early power input loss" signal --> interrupt.
Then you need some energy stored in capacitors to perform the desired instructions.

Klaus

Yes, I agree. And please note at least one EEPROM write command time (to store the status of the cycle). About 10 msec!

Thank u sir for u reply..
can u give an example, how to use EEPROM for this application in briefwayy

Hi,

You want 60 pulses...25 pulses have been passed...35 are remaining at power loss...
Then store the value "35" in the EEPROM.

After power up: read the EEPROM and perform the remaining 35 pulses.

Klaus

Hi Teja

Using EEPROM is the simple and best way for your application.
Just update the EEPROM after each cycle.
While powering on read the EEPROM and decide your pending cycles
Mostly all microcontroller has built in EEPROM
But if your microntroller doesn't have one in built, then you have to use external chip.
U have to utilize either I2C or SPI peripheral of your microntroller to communicate with the EEPROM chip
Not a big task.

Congrats!!!!

If last state doesn't change frequently then last state counter can be saved in eeprom and after device reset the state machine counter can be read and based on it the required code can be executed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back