Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pipeline problem VHDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizdom

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys! I need some help.

Here is the scenario, in the first timeslot (or one cycle), a value is outputted. Then on the next timeslot, the same signal but it is already updated to anew value. What should I do so that I can use the value from the first timeslot during the second timeslot. Take note that on the second timeslot, the value changes already but what I need is the value from the previous timeslot. Am I gonna store it? How? Help please. newbie here in VHDL. Thanks.

Am I gonna store it? How? Help please. newbie here in VHDL. Thanks.
VHDL is a hardware description language, how do you store a value for later use (next clock cycle) in hardware?....

use a flip-flop.

input -- DFF -- output

output is delayed by 1 clock

VHDL is a hardware description language, how do you store a value for later use (next clock cycle) in hardware?....

use a flip-flop.

input -- DFF -- output

output is delayed by 1 clock

What kind of flip flop should I use? Thaanks!

I already showed DFF i.e. D Flip-flop. I'm not going to post the truth table, go look it up in google.

Hi,

Here is the scenario, in the first timeslot (or one cycle), a value is outputted.
I wonder how the output comes at first...

Isn´t it usually this order:
input --> processing --> output?

Without knowing what "value" format and what timeslot you are talking about .. the answer can only be very vague.

Klaus

Hi guys! I need some help.

Here is the scenario, in the first timeslot (or one cycle), a value is outputted. Then on the next timeslot, the same signal but it is already updated to anew value. What should I do so that I can use the value from the first timeslot during the second timeslot. Take note that on the second timeslot, the value changes already but what I need is the value from the previous timeslot. Am I gonna store it? How? Help please. newbie here in VHDL. Thanks.

you need to learn basics of digital design, ie, how to code combinational and sequential logic, as well as how to connect one to the other to form an actual digital system.

I already showed DFF i.e. D Flip-flop. I'm not going to post the truth table, go look it up in google.

Oh I didn't see it! Thaaanks!

Don't instantiate individual DFF's. Just assign the value to a signal inside a clocked process. The synthesis tool will add the DFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.