Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic Transducer driver circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJ_ELECTRO

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I decided to work on a project which involves some work with low power ultrasonic transducers at 40kHz. I know how to implement these sensors to work just as a Transmitter or just as a Receiver. However, my headache is to make them simultaneously switch from Transmitting to Receiving. Is there anyone who could give me any tips on how to do that or what components would help me to achieve this operation ?

Regards

Some circuit ideas for ultrasonic transceiver interface have been discussed in this previous thread https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?t=365594

Using analog switches is a possible option, separating the Tx and Rx path with series and clipping diodes as in the linked thread is quite popular. An important point is to terminate the transducer with a resistor corresponding to its real impedance to achieve fast decay of the transmit burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.