Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motor selection for glass cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disha Karnataki

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am making a solar panel cleaning robot and want to select appropriate motor for the selected roller brushes for the cleaning.
The brushes are as shown: https://3.imimg.com/data3/MN/MJ/MY-8076819/roller-brushes-250x250.jpg
The dimensions of brushes are: InnerDia:0.7",Outer dia(along with bristle):4.3",bristel(made of teflon) thickness:2mm, length of brush:12"
I read some papers which conducted analysis in saudi arabia for soiling effect and there was 35% effeciency reduction in o/p for 300um dust accumulation on the panels and after applying force of 0.15N to 0.3N tangentially(they rubbed/scratched the surface) along the surface they could remove the dust and could increase the effeciency so, now I want to accomplosh this cleaning using roller brushes how do I go about selecting the motors?

Hi,

The type of motor depends on your power source. AC, 1 phase, three phase, DC, Battery...dynamics in RPM and torque
Do you have/need a gearbox or not?
The power of the motor is: P = M x 2 x Pi x n
Where M is the torque in Nm
And n is the rotation speed in 1/s
You need to add some headroom.

Klaus

...The dimensions of brushes are: InnerDia:0.7",Outer dia(along with bristle):4.3",bristel(made of teflon) thickness:2mm, length of brush:12"...

You need to tell us the rotational speed and the pressure on the brush. Remember that the brush will help loosen the dust from the surface AND you have to ensure that the dust is washed off (wet cleaning) or sucked off (dry vacuum cleaning)

The 300um dust accumulation refers to particle size of the dust OR the thickness of the dust layer on the surface?

One important point is that the brushes should not generate static.

Status
Not open for further replies.