Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to solve running of Installshield Update Service Scheduler

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBoss

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
There is a program who starts immediately when Windows 10 boots. Installshield Update Service Scheduler.
This programs is controlled by Task Scheduler and runs in background and I have no idea what it does.
I have tried to block this program in Task Scheduler control panel but when the program stops Internet also stops.
My Computer connects to the router takes an IP no. but the Internet is not accessible.
The program is signed by Macrovision and the people says it's not necessary for Windows operations.
But if you touch that, it blocks internet connection.How to solve the problem ??

The Installshield update service scheduler is harmless and simply updates programs installed by the Installshield install program. I have never encountered the problem of stopping the start up of this program causing the internet connection to fail. Try running Malwarebytes antivirus program and scan your computer.

Assuming that you do not have a virus, how is the removal of the program stopping the internet connection from working? how are you connected to the internet? What diagnostic steps have you performed? Have you run the internet connection troubleshooter.

The Installshield update service scheduler is harmless and simply updates programs installed by the Installshield install program. I have never encountered the problem of stopping the start up of this program causing the internet connection to fail. Try running Malwarebytes antivirus program and scan your computer.

Assuming that you do not have a virus, how is the removal of the program stopping the internet connection from working? how are you connected to the internet? What diagnostic steps have you performed? Have you run the internet connection troubleshooter.
I'm officially using McAfee Livesafe and I have tried to enable-disable this program in Task Scheduler control panel in live and it reacts immediately to stop internet.
It's like a start-stop button.. My computer takes an IP no and my router responds me by pinging but internet connection is blocked due to unknown reason ( port ?? tunneling ?? )
If it's a updater for windows or for the other, should it be easily disabled ?? It acts as a necessary one and this cannot be tolerable.

I have found my problem..
Installshield can be easily uninstalled but the problem was coming from proxy settings of Windows 10.At the beginning I couldn't set the proxy settings in "Control Panel" due to an administrative right.
I have changed "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel "Connection Settings" 1--->0 then changed in IE Connection Settings/LAN Settings "Automatic Detect Settings"
LAN.PNG

Now it's OK, Installshield has gone and Internet connection is OK>

I have found my problem..
Installshield can be easily uninstalled but the problem was coming from proxy settings of Windows 10.At the beginning I couldn't set the proxy settings in "Control Panel" due to an administrative right.
I have changed "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel "Connection Settings" 1--->0 then changed in IE Connection Settings/LAN Settings "Automatic Detect Settings"
View attachment 142384

Now it's OK, Installshield has gone and Internet connection is OK>

My friend.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I Had the same problem.

my friend thank you very much. I registered in this forum only to thank you. I had a lot of problems because of that. I formatted my computer several times and also restored the system many times. only now have I discovered the problem. I suffered too much from it. Thank you very much indeed. Good evening.

Will it be possible to tell me how to go to "local area network (LAN) Settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.