Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: LED for Vein Detector/Vein Finder(Using Power LED's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arivalagan13

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all
I am designing a Vein Detector/Vein Finder. I just want to know how do I choose the power LED's for the proposed application. That is, which color LED(mostly red is used..but why?), what is the wavelength and so on. Once it is fixed then I can go on designing the drivers and power supply circuits. Can anybody have idea regarding the same?
Regards
M Arivalagan

I just want to know how do I choose the power LED's for the proposed application. That is, which color LED (mostly red is used..but why?)

Veins are below the skin; you need a light that can penetrate the skin. Red/IR leds are more suitable for this purpose.

You also need a light detector that can sense the same wavelength. It is perhaps better to modulate the excitation LED so that interference from ambient light is minimized.

My project requirement is just to show the veins clearly so that the veins can be punctured for various purposes.Can you please elaborate on the requirement of the light detector?Could you please elaborate at it?Also whether a 0.5W LED suffice the purpose

My project requirement is just to show the veins clearly so that the veins can be punctured for various purposes..

In that case you do not need a detector; you are using your eyes as the most versatile detector.

(you may need higher brightness LED for people with dark skin complexion)

Status
Not open for further replies.