Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

porting linux to ARM CORTEX M3 architecture(LPC1768 board)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sai_kumar

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to port the uclinux on LPC1768 board which is using ARM CORTEX M3 core . I found some the uclinux kernel for ARM cortex m3 but i do not know how to modify and where to modify and which files to modify and what are the tools and libraries required to port .Can anyone help me ...

Attachments

• u-boot-master.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 136

Perhaps the big issue here is whether it's really worth of the necessary effort to do this, first because Linux as a rule requires a lot of memory, which I doubt a mid-end microcontroller will be able to handle. Anyway, even considering you wanted install a reduced version, this would essentially be just a Linux 'emulator', since one of the key features of this OS in embedded systems is the ability of adding and removing device drivers at our wishes as we work with different external peripheral devices, along with accessories applications to work with the main program, and this would hardly be possible in a smaller version. Anyway, sending a file without reference is somewhat useless; in the case, I suppose you've already seen the following distros that seems pretty well documented: https://github.com/EmcraftSystems/linux-emcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back