Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Quantus QRC Extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vijay Vinay

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I have designed a Frequency divider layout for my Master thesis. I checked for DRC as well as LVS errors. Both came out successfully without any errors. Once I have completed these checks, I continued QRC Extraction, where my extraction was terminated with some warnings. Here are the warnings. I don't know why my QRC extraction is not successfully completed.

INFO (LBRCXU-108): Starting

/opt/eda/cadence/ic/6.1.6HF140/bin/qrcToDfII -extract cap -run_name Design -check_cell_view TRUE -device_finger_delimiter @ -extracted_view av_extracted -lvs_source hcci -cap_models no -capacitor pcapacitor -res_models no -cap_prop_name c -t -extview_tmp /tmp/qrc_28680/Design/extview.tmp -run_dir /tmp/qrc_28680/Design -lib_name MA_Kalyanasundaram -cell_name freq_div -view_name layout -server /opt/eda/cadence/ext/15.14.000/tools/extraction/bin/64bit//../shapeServer
WARNING (LBRCXU-172): m2write fd 10, 1 tries, bytes -1 of 39, errno 9 Bad file descriptor

Virtuoso Framework License (111) was checked out successfully. Total checkout time was 0.05s.
INFO (DB-120008): oaSocket connection timeout value was set to 5 seconds.
Argument -extview_rul is required.
INFO (LBRCXU-111): Warning /opt/eda/cadence/ic/6.1.6HF140/bin/qrcToDfII exit with bad status

INFO (LBRCXU-112): Warning Status 256

INFO (LBRCXU-113): Warning QRC execution terminated

***** aveng fork terminated abnormally *****

Help is appreciated. Could you please solve the issue quickly. I need the results at the earliest.

the only meaningful message I see is this: "Bad file descriptor". maybe something is corrupted on your file system?

It's probably a software compatibility problem if you use a OS rather than RedHat..Or some particular OS library(ies) is missing

What was wrong?
How did you resolve that?

I haven't mentioned the correct path for the Setup DIR in my "RUN Quantus Extraction" command. That's all. Once I provided the correct path for the Setup DIR, everything worked properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back