Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on the PIC programming adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

DentAnt

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new with microcontrollers. I ordered the picket 3 programmer and now, I would like to know if I absolutely need an ‘’PIC Programming Adapter’’ also to program a pic microcontroller or I can use a simple breadboard instead of the pic programming adapter? If I don't need it, can you please tell me what is his advantage in that case?

Thank you

It s not compulsion to use PIC Programming adapter to program microcontroller. PIC Programming adapter is just a DIP Socket with necessary pin out.
You can simply use a breadboard or you can make your own Programming adapter.

Reactions: FvM and DentAnt

DentAnt

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Make your own adaptor to go between the Pickit and the programming connection you have or want to put on your target board there is no ned to buy anything special. Keep the interconnecting leads reasonably short, less than 200mm and you should be OK. I have got away with around 500mm but it wasn't always realiable.

These adapters with ZIF socket are so cheap from china on eBay that you might as well get one in case you ever need it.

you just required pickit3, 5 jumper wire and PIC controller and there you go.
No extra adapter or jig is required. You just have to take 5 pins out and connect it to PICKIT3.

Status
Not open for further replies.