Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cQFP 176 pin .dxf or .dwg file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egoe

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm looking for a .dxf or .dwg file of a cQFP 176 pin package.

I've done some googling but didn't find anything. Anyone on the forum knows where to get?

Greetz,
Egoe

I've never seen any package in any format rather than a basic drawing with dimensions, so that your own footprint can be made for your PCB software package.

Hi SLK001,
Thanks for the reply.

Well I am actually looking for a basic drawing with dimensions. I want to import this drawing into Visio and add some other things and use it for documentation purposes. So I don't really want to make a footprint for it.

For another package type: QFN100 I've found on the web a .dxf file, which I could manipulate to my needs in LibreCad and Visio. A .dxf or .dwg QFP176 file I haven't found yet.

What is "cQFP176"? Unless a manufacturer refers to an industry standard (e.g. JEDEC) package definition, a valid dimension specification can be only obtained from the manufacturer.

Same pin count packages can have dimension differences that aren't obvious at first sight. Thus it's important to use original manufacturer specifications.

Sketching a QFP package is very easy once you have the correct dimensions.

Hi FvM,

"cQFP176":
c : Ceramic
QFP: Quad Flat Package
176 : 176pins

Based on your comment it makes sense to request a .dwg or .dxf file from the manufacturer. As I don't seem to easily find a (JEDEC) package definition. Initially I wanted to avoid involving a manufacturer as I wanted to do some feasibility by myself and afterwards contact potential manufacturers.

Get the free Library Expert Lite software from pcblibraries, enter the dimensions of your component to create the component then look at the dimensions tab, take a screenshot using the windows snipping program (or whatever you have) and paste that into visio.

Thanks for all the inputs. I'm following Mattylad proposal.

Egoe

That is not going to be dimensionaly 1:1 if that is what you are looking for...
YOU ALSO NEED THE INFORMATION I MENTIONED IN #6

Status
Not open for further replies.