Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need advice to selling microcontoller source codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_2

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I've done a project with a micro-controller and I wrote more than 7000 line of my codes. I'm going to sell my hex code for example $A and they need also my codes that I suggested that they can have that codes with $B where B<A. However they told me that I should prepare and write a document that contains Flowcharts, Explaining each function and how each part works.

In my opinion,when they want a full document of my source code it means that they need technical knowledge of my project with $B (it means they want to spend only $(A+B) for all my project). whats your suggestion? for a full document is it not logical to get $C where $C>$A ?

because it means they get hex file for their man project with $A, source code for $B and $C for technical knowledge.

Thanks

They may also want you to provide support while they install and use your code package. Your support may be via telephone, email, remote user control, etc.

Also they may want free updates, patches, etc., for a certain time period after purchase. Say, 6 or 12 months.

Thanks a zillion for your comment
Yes, I have considered those tips before. However for source code that it can transfer my efforts during the project and also technical knowledge ,I think the price should be $C>$B>$A for different steps.Am I right? and it's very fair that I calculated source code without any document with the low prices(B<A)

Status
Not open for further replies.