Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: ECG Front End Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

HWguru

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am searching for a circuit design to acquire ECG signals from patients finger tips .

I am referring to these devices :

https://www.alivetec.com/alivecor-heart-monitor/

Has anyone tried it ?

Any help on this topic is appreciated

Regards ,

Ahmed

Re: ECG Front End Circuit

The heart has several muscles and looking at the signal between your hands is a mix of all of them, including EMG signals from your hands, arms, lungs too.
More electrodes are always better for rejecting noise and looking at each muscle's signal.
Analog Devices ECG products are very good, Lots of app notes there. That alivetec device probably uses AD8233 etc.
The novelty is they take the ECG signal and make it ultrasonic, which your phone/tablet microphone can then input to their app. No Bluetooth.

Reactions: HWguru

HWguru

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: ECG Front End Circuit

Thanks for your reply , this can be the starting point for me to build the front end circuit

- - - Updated - - -

But i would like to have a look at the front end circuit , i need to know how much gain is required to actually detect a ECG signal from finger tips

Status
Not open for further replies.