Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB to Serial FTDI cannot detect the EEPROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dann11

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to make an USB to Serial Converter, for my control card. My problem is that when I tried to load program from the USB to Serial it cannot detect the EEPROM. I have already checked the hardware connection and pinning, they are perfectly connected to each other. I am not sure what might gone wrong, if its the components itself, but then I also tried to replace the EEPROM and still have the same problem. I have also double check if it is the FTDI but I believe it is not, because its pins responded as expected, except for the Clock pin between the FTDI and the EEPROM, there is clock pulse present.

Have you encountered the same problem? How did you deal with it?

Hi,

As so often:
* show us your schematic (don't tell it's like the datasheet example)
* show us your PCB layout
* an additional photo could be informative, too.

Klaus

Hi,

As so often:
* show us your schematic (don't tell it's like the datasheet example)
* show us your PCB layout
* an additional photo could be informative, too.

Klaus

I have attached the schematic and PCB layout for the FTDI and the EEPROM, and so as a screenshot of the FT_prog for the FTDI.. I am thinking right now the possibility of a damaged FTDI, i have tried to replace the EEPROM twice but get the same response;(at the EEPROM) there is No clock pulse at its CLK pin, both the Dout and Din are at High Pulse..

Just additional question, Does the FTDI automatically connects with its EEPROM or do I need to do it through a software application?
**broken link removed****broken link removed** FTDI - EEPROM.jpg

Sure you don't have rotated pinout 93LC46BX?

I have double checked all the pins and connections and everything are properly connected..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back