Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY laser printing possiblity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzy

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am not sure if this DIY type project but Im here asking advice in order to know where to look. I Want to laser print words on plastic bottles but in my mind I was thinking I could buy some form of laser and build a circuit to do just that, I havent really found anything on this topic.

Is this something that can be attempted, does anyone have knowledge on this?

Manufacturers normally squirt ink, dot-matrix style, onto food packaging.

A laser printer has drums which revolve, transferring toner finally to a surface which is flat. I don't believe it can work on a bottle.

Or, a laser cuts patterns in fabric, wood sheets, etc. If your laser is powerful enough, then it may discolor plastic and achieve what you want.

I have seen the version that sends ink on to good packaging also I have worked with a laser Labeler that labels plastic with proper adjustment it burns what you program it to write onto bottles.

Example macsa icon laser

I have worked with a laser Labeler that labels plastic with proper adjustment it burns what you program it to write onto bottles.

Example macsa icon laser
If you look at the macsa design details, do you think the technology is in reach of a DIY project?

If you look at the macsa design details, do you think the technology is in reach of a DIY project?

No that design is very complex but I dont know everything thats why I asked if there was something simple enough to do as a DIY like purchasing a laser and prbably building a circuit to power the laser and using some form of micro-controller to do the writing process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back