Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BLDC motor commutation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madbunny1

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

How to commutate BLDC Motor with block commutation when it is Delta connected and when it's having 5 pole pairs ? And if you Need any info regarding requirements, please ask me. Can anyone please give me the infromation in written?

Thanks

Possibilities of commutation in BLDC Motor

Hi,

I would like to know about the commutation methods in BLDC. In how many ways we could commutate the BLDC Motor and can anyone please Name what they are? I know that we can commutate using hall sensors as Feedback Position sensors and back emf and Encoders etc., and is there any more?

Thanks

Brushless direct current electric motors, or BLDC motors for short, are electronically commutated motors powered by a DC electric source via an external motor controller. Unlike their brushed relatives, BLDC motors rely on external controllers to achieve commutation. Put simply, commutation is the process of switching the current in the motor phases to generate motion. Brushed motors have physical brushes to achieve this process twice per rotation, while BLDC motors do not, hence the name. Due to the nature of their design, they can have any number of pole pairs for commutation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back