Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding Linux Certified Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

K Srinivas Pavan Kumar

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,
Currently I am working as a Hardware Debugger in a MNC company and I want to do the Linux Certified course.

As my background is ECE(Electronics and Communication Engineering) please suggest me what are the topics to be covered in Linux and How it will be useful to me and I know the basics of Linux and I am very comfortable at C.

Which flavour is good to learn I mean redhat, ubuntu etc.

There are books covering all the necessary scope for the examen, as well some tutorials on the Web. I'm guessing you are at the beginner's level, so you should seek for LPI-101.

...I want to do the Linux Certified course.
Which flavour is good to learn I mean redhat, ubuntu etc.

Such type of course is done by persons who wish to be system administrators. Are you looking for something like that?

As my background is ECE(Electronics and Communication Engineering) please suggest me what are the topics to be covered in Linux and How it will be useful to me and I know the basics of Linux and I am very comfortable at C.
I guess you are looking to learn Linux as an embedded system, write software that would be running in Linux. In this case proficiency in C and Linux OS internals will be necessary to learn.

Such type of course is done by persons who wish to be system administrators. Are you looking for something like that?

No I am not looking for a system administrator.

I guess you are looking to learn Linux as an embedded system, write software that would be running in Linux. In this case proficiency in C and Linux OS internals will be necessary to learn.

Yes, I am looking to learn Linux as an embedded system by writing software which will be run in Linux OS.
Of course, I am good at C and Linux IPC(Inter process Communication) mechanisms.
Then what is the further step to become expert myself in Linux

- - - Updated - - -

What is LPI-101

What is LPI-101

It's an examen purposed for getting awarded on LPIC-1 certification ( which actually comprises LPI-102 examen aswell ), which although it is intended for system administrators, you reach a good background on Linux environment as a whole.

Then what is the further step to become expert myself in Linux
Gain work experience, start with simple projects and move on to complex ones. It needs time.

It's an examen purposed for getting awarded on LPIC-1 certification ( which actually comprises LPI-102 examen aswell ), which although it is intended for system administrators, you reach a good background on Linux environment as a whole.

Thanks for the Info. dude and how it will be useful to be in embedded field

- - - Updated - - -

Gain work experience, start with simple projects and move on to complex ones. It needs time.

Thanks for the info. dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back