Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Buffering negative voltage through OPAMP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trastikata

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am buffering a -5v reference with an OPAMP and I have a split power supply +9v and -9v, referenced to ground. So I was wondering if in this case it would make any difference if the positive supply (V+) of the OPAMP is connected either to +9v or to GND while the negative supply (V-) is connected to -9v, as indicated in the schematic.

Thanks.

Attachments

• SCH1.jpg
    SCH1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 84

It should work. Th opamp only cares about the difference between it's power terminals, not absolute values.

- - - Updated - - -

It should work. Th opamp only cares about the difference between it's power terminals, not absolute values. Why don't you try simulating it?

It should work. Th opamp only cares about the difference between it's power terminals, not absolute values. Why don't you try simulating it?

Why don't you try simulating it?

Thank you for your help barry but I don't know how to.

It should work. Th opamp only cares about the difference between it's power terminals, not absolute values.

Does the potential difference between the supply terminals (18v vs 9v) affect the "stability" of the output with regards to fluctuations in the supply?

Last edited:

Does the potential difference between the supply terminals (18v vs 9v) affect the "stability" of the output with regards to fluctuations in the supply?

Look at the data sheet for PSRR. But my guess is it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.