Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: How to remove noise from an eeg signal contaminated with noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aparna24

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need to remove noise from th eeg signal using a notch filter.Can anyone please help me with the coding?

Re: How to remove noise from an eeg signal contaminated with noise?

Coding? Do you mean you want a DIGITAL filter? Your question is pretty vague. Frequency? Bandwidth? Order? Sampling frequency? Programming language? Other requirements?

They were assigning this problem in sophomore circuits
classes when I was an undergrad (30+ years ago). Nice
to know universities are keeping up (by moving the
problem to DSP... yeh.

yes sir,i agree with u..I questioned in a vague manner without mentioning any information.
Sir firstly i initiated with a raw eeg data which i had taken from .mat file..Then i added noise to it..Now i want to filter that noise either by a filter that produces the best kind of results..The code for the above mentioned steps is given below:

Code PHP - [expand]
fs = 512 
T = 1/fs;
N =length(EEGsig); ls = size(EEGsig);
tx =[0:length(EEGsig)-1]/fs;
fx = fs*(0:N/2-1)/N;
ax=1;
x=  EEGsig;
fNoise = 50;    
aNoise = 0.25;  
noise= aNoise*x;
signalNoise= x + noise;
figure();
subplot(3,1,1);
plot(tx, x);
xlabel('Time [s]'); 
ylabel('Amplitude');
title('Original signal');
subplot(3,1,2);
plot(tx, noise);
xlabel('Time [s]');
ylabel('Amplitude');
title('Noise');
subplot(3,1,3);
plot(tx, signalNoise);
xlabel('Time [s]');
ylabel('Amplitude');
title('Original signal + Noise');

hence,in the above code i need to filter the added noise..Please help me with the code..N thanks for your reply sir.

Matlab has a lot of tools for filtering. Try searching "matlab filters".

sir basically i want to use notch filter for removing noise.Can u help me with the syntax or the code itself?

sir basically i want to use notch filter for removing noise.Can u help me with the syntax or the code itself?

I think you need to practice your Google-Fu, it's very weak at the moment...

e.g. first returned link https://www.mathworks.com/help/dsp/ref/iirnotch.html
third link: https://www.mathworks.com/help/dsp/examples/design-of-peaking-and-notching-filters.html?requestedDomain=www.mathworks.com

Though I have no idea how a notch filter will help you remove noise...unless that noise is at a fixed frequency, but then I wouldn't call that noise.

Thanks for your suggestion and also for your reply..I have recently joined here,and so m not well qualified as you are..Though i'll try to improve n work upon my Google-Fu..

Status
Not open for further replies.