Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for these 4 Arduino UNO questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DentAnt

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to know the answer to these 4 questions please

1-Which component inside the Arduino is his timer component ? (for exemple, which components is vital to make DEL light ON after being 5 minutes OFF?)
2-How much data (bits) is it possible to send wirelessly through xbee antenna without connecting the Arduino UNO to PC ( standalone mode)?
3-How much data (bits) is it possible to receive wirelessly through xbee antenna without connecting the Arduino UNO to PC( standalone mode)?
4-How much data (bits) is it possible to stock inside the Arduino UNO without connecting the Arduino UNO to PC( standalone mode)?

Thank you

1. Arduino is based on ATMEGA chip (AVR family) - usually single DIP - it has INTEGRATED timer modules.
Please read ATmega328P datasheet.
http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc8161.pdf
2,3,4 - I don't know, but maybe more experienced user can tell.
Are you trying to do soemthing specific?

1. Arduino is based on ATMEGA chip (AVR family) - usually single DIP - it has INTEGRATED timer modules.
Please read ATmega328P datasheet.
http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc8161.pdf
2,3,4 - I don't know, but maybe more experienced user can tell.
Are you trying to do soemthing specific?

I want xbee wireless communication to send information from one arduino to another (standalone mode). if I install an xbee antenna on the arduino, would I be able to receive data from another arduino connected with xbee antenna? Both should be standalone ( programmed by PC before but not connected to PC during the communication/wireless operation). Would that sort of communication happen?

would I be able to receive data from another arduino connected with xbee antenna? Both should be standalone ( programmed by PC before but not connected to PC during the communication/wireless operation). Would that sort of communication happen?

Once configured a pair of modules to establish a point-to-point communication ( that means, you have to configure on the transmitter the P/N marked on the receiver body, and vice-versa ) with the software tool you certainly know, the only task you must do is to encapsulates the frame to be sent within a specific format, and that's all. There is no complexity in the use of these modules, which in short words, works in a similar way like a modem, transferring serial data in transparent mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.