Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hidden Secrets of 3 Terminal Regulators and Precautions to be considered on LM338.

Status
Not open for further replies.

message4guru

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI to all !!!!

Give the secrets to be considered while working with 3 terminal Adjustable regulators Like LM317,LM350, LM338,LM337 etc.

Please give me do and don'ts while working with LM 338. It could be a precautionary step to protect integrated circuits because it cost 100 Indian rupees.

Help me in this regard!!!!

Begin with a deep dive into all of the splendid National
(now TI) application notes. When you come up for air
you ought to have more usefully specific questions.

Hi,

You find the "dos and donts" in the datasheet.
No hidden secrets.

Klaus

Just insert a reverse biased diode between input and output (i.e 1N4007, anode on output); be careful on the filtering capacitors ( could oscillate,, see data sheet ); do not use an input voltage haigher than the difference in/out stated on the data sheet; cool it with an heatsink, otherwise coul open to self protect, and the first secret, take care about the pinout !

Status
Not open for further replies.