Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

embedded system with gps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

A very unelaborated question. Not clear what you really are asking for.
--> Reading the data from a GPS module already gives location and altitude.

Generally: don't expect that the answeres are more detailed than your question.

Klaus

ok,
i have never used gps module
i want to start it i need suggestion where to buy which one to choose which work for long time i have arduino uno original which is in working condition i want to know how to use it arduino as serial inbuilt code and how to connect if i want to see it in map.

hello,

**broken link removed**from UBLOX:
NEO-6M V 2.23
and GPS-COMPASS U-Blox 7N

easy to use ..
even i am working with PIC ( not Adrduino)
you can find out some technical detail and trap to avoid ..

I would not recommend using Arduino IDE to code a firmware to read GPS sentences, unless the only task that the board will do is to get data from the module and foward it to another system with a smaller overhead. Arduino do not have native support for serial interrupt handling. Anyway the question is still vague, it lacks for details, such as the platform for which you are planning to display the positioning within the map: Mobile, Desktop, etc...

ok, first i will show to lcd 16x2 then i will learn how to do in desktop, mobile etc

how gps find altitudes?

- - - Updated - - -

here is list of gps module
will thsi work with arduino uno?
and should i buy any?

Status
Not open for further replies.