Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS Layout from schematic query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pri6

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have created a schematic for an amplifier (using s2p file for MMIC simulation) and I created a layout from the schematic.

I want to change the dimensions of the s2p component to put the dimensions of my MMIC but I am unable to find this option in ADS.

Can anybody suggest me how to do that?

Your question is not clear.What dimension you talk about ??

Your question is not clear.What dimension you talk about ??

I want to put physical dimensions of MMIC for s2p component. is there any way to do that?

I have created a schematic for an amplifier (using s2p file for MMIC simulation) and I created a layout from the schematic.

What ADS version?

In the schematic view, you should have the S2P block and hierarchical pins.
Now, you need to create a layout view in the same cell, and manually draw your layout with the desired size (can be as simple as a rectangle on layer package) and then place two pins where you want to locate the input and output.

To use this in hierarchical design, you also need a symbol view. This can be auto-generated.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Many manufacturers have libraries with electrical data and predefined layout footprints.
ADS help topic: Home > Components > Vendor Libraries > Vendor Component Libraries - RF Passive SMT Library

Reactions: Pri6

Pri6

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back