Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I open extension file .gds .

Status
Not open for further replies.

somaahamed

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I need someone helping me to open file .gds. this file is for layout of ADS simulation.
please if there is person me to open it as soon as.
thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I mean how I can read dgs file?

The HP-ADS tool as a design system ought to be able
to import the layout. Do you have the tool suite or are
you only looking to inspect a layout, for free? In that
case a "GDS viewer" or one of the free IC layout tools
(LASI, perhaps).

The HP-ADS tool as a design system ought to be able to import the layout.

Yes. The only "trick" is that GDSII import is only available from a layout window, so you need to create a layout view first. Then from the layout window, File > Import lets you choose file type GDSII.

import_gds.PNG

Hi. maybe I didnot explain clearly what I need to understnad . I design patch antenna by layout of ADS simulation. I export this file to GDSII format. I want to know how I read this file 'GDS or GDSII'. I think I should converter this file to text or other tools to help me to read this file. please I need to read this file not how can i open?

Thank you

I want to know how I read this file 'GDS or GDSII'.

To do what?

If you just want to check it (see it), you can use https://www.owlvision.org/
To create a PCB of your patch antenna, better use Gerber format. GDSII is mostly used for IC design. Gerber is used for PCB, so most PCB tools can read Gerber.

GDS files are binary files. There is no human readable representation of that raw data. The only option is to use any of the GDSII importers/readers, like ADS or Klayout as suggested by others, to view the layout data the file contains. This can be compared to picture files like JPG files. You can open and view the contents in a suitable viewer/editor program but not directly read the raw data in the file itself.

Gerber files are mostly text files so it is possible to open and read those in simple text editors like Notepad/Notepad++ etc.

hi, i send mail to cree foundry service for receive CGHV96100F2 model for ADS but they give not any response, anyone can help me to give cree transistor models for ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back