Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

snmp and ethernet using 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalyaniupen

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My project is to use SNMP PROTOCOL and ETHERNET communication using 8051 or any other uc .my doubt is if this snmp and Ethernet communication can be done using AT89c55wd ic.If no then which microcontroller can be used? are c codes available for snmp? whether there is any module to do this work with out disturbing my ic at89c55wd? please guide me in detail.

Basically, SNMP protocol requires the ability to run at least some portion of the TCP/IP communications protocol stack. This requires enough RAM for ethernet frame buffers, and at least some sort of executive or scheduler, or RTOS with some timer functions. While it might be technically possible to implement these on your tiny RAM controller in some manner, I doubt it would be practical or leave any resources to do anything else, so you do need a uc with much more resources.

There are many options available on what device is usable for doing this, depending upon your budget and performance needs. A good place to start looking at uc options you can use would be to go to the Microchip product website - they offer free TCP/IP stack codes for use with their micros that can support it. You can go to their TCP/IP offerings web page to see what versions and micros could work best for your need. This would be my recommendation for simplest solution.
Link is here:
https://www.microchip.com/SWLibraryWeb/product.aspx?product=TCPIPSTACK

A ethernet controller with built-in hardware TCP stack like a Wiznet chip can free the microcontroller from all low level TCP operation.

how to write mib tree easily for frequency, attenuation parameters of a upconverter module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back