Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circular Polarized Antenna Gain Measuement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ateet101

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I built a CP antenna and would like to find the gain of it. I have a 2 linearly polarized horn antennas, which have known gain.
My technique in an anechoic chamber:
The horn is placed 35 inches above the CP antenna; the CP antenna is spun 360 degrees; the power received is captured for every two degrees as Horn_CP horn.PNG
The CP antenna is replaced by the second horn and the power received is captured as Horn_Horn
The axial ratio is calculated as Max(Power Received) - Min(Power Received) for the Horn_CP measurement
The gain correction factor is calculated given in book and based on the axial ratio gain_correction.PNG

Gain_CP = Horn_CP - Horn_Horn + Gain_Horn + Gain_Correction

I can't seem to get the correct gain based on what I simulated. I simulated -3dB at 1575MHz and got 1.5dB based on my measurements . Am I using the correct method of calculation Gain for the CP antenna or is there another method I should use?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back