Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ENGLISH documentation for STC15Fxxx STC Micro micro-controllers ? ISP Programming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxpwny

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have multiple datasheets from China's STC Micro on their various STC15 8051 family micro-controllers. As is unfortunately too common their manuals are translated from Chinese to English by someone who is 1) probably not that technically knowledgeable and 2) someone who has VERY poor English language skills.

I can not follow their Chinese-English description of their process for downloading code into their micros in an ISP (In System Programming) fashion.

Does anyone have experience with this, or know where better documentation is ?

I see evidence in their datasheets that they have a PC application to assist in downloading to the device - anyone know where I can get that ?

Ohhh go - please don't suggest www.stcmicro.com !!! I have been trying to get there for SEVERAL days - all I ever see is a message saying their site is not accessible because they have exceeded their bandwidth limit.

Wow. They need to re-take Capitalism 101.

Any updates on that?
Their site isn't even entirely translated to English, but it opens for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.