Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Debugging with PICkit3 and MPLABX IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

STSCBE

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Im using PIC12F683 controller and MPLABX IDE with internal oscillator 4MHZ. My application contains Reading adc voltage, Frequency Counter(capture), 2 Relay outputs and status LED.
i want to debug my application by PICkit3. after upload the codes it shows the error "Debug Header is required" then i change the default debug header in project properties. then as per pickit3 manual i disabled the WDT and PWRTE bit.
that says,
The target device is not ready for debugging. Please check your configuration bit settings and program the device before proceeding. The most common causes for this failure are oscillator and/or PGC/PGD settings.

what to do?
Thanks.

I think the "header" in this case refers to a special adaptor that is used for debugging. As the data sheet explains in Section 12.11, the header provides an debugging interface to the debugger hardware and also access to the chip itself.
The chip you are using has only 8 pins and when you take out the 3 for power and \MCLR\ there are only 5 pins left. While you can use another 2 pins for programming (which happens when the device is not actually working), you generally cannot afford to lose 2 pins for debugging as that would only leave you 3 pins for your app.
Susan

Also you should compile the code for Debug and not release.

Also you should compile the code for Debug and not release.

Yes,
i choosed right Header that already installed in MPLABX. after the changes in WDTE, PWRTE. i got this Error after click debugging..
Programming...
Programming/Verify complete
The target device is not ready for debugging. Please check your configuration bit settings and program the device before proceeding.

I think the "header" in this case refers to a special adaptor that is used for debugging.

You should have plugged-in this adapter to the PIC12F683 socket. Do you?

AC162058_sml.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back