Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ADC selection Criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbyckts

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For ADC selections will be following 2 criteria:

1. Primary criteria

2. Secondary criteria

Under Primary --> Accuracy/Resolution, Error, Sampling frequency, ADC types, Input signal considerations, environmental considerations, EOL
Under Secondary --> Number of channels, Interface, Supply voltages, Reference voltage,

Is there anything I missed to consider any other categories in both primary & secondary criteria

Hi,

just to get an overview about all the parameters, I recommend:
* to read (probably suitable) ADC datsheets
* to go to internet sites with interactive ADC selection tools.

What are primary and secondary criteria depends on the application.
(Maybe "interface" in in the first cirteria, maybe "ADC type" is in the second criteria).

Klaus

just to get an overview about all the parameters, I recommend:
* to read (probably suitable) ADC datsheets
* to go to internet sites with interactive ADC selection tools.

What are primary and secondary criteria depends on the application.
(Maybe "interface" in in the first cirteria, maybe "ADC type" is in the second criteria).

I'm asking this question to prepare a document which could be used as a guidelines before selecting an ADC. That's the reason I want to know that if anything else is missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.