Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Higher order RC filter phase shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karolina_1

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i wanted to calculate the phase shift of higher order RC low pass filter. How can i calculate it. Thank you.

You can calculate it just the way you calculate the phase response of any arbitrary transfer function (put j*omega instead of the s from Laplace transform, and calculate the phase). I think the only thing that you can expect ( in general and without calculation ) from the phase response of a low-pass filter is that well below the first pole (and zero) of the system, you have zero phase shift.

In order not to get involved with the tedious calculations, you can also use a simulator ( e.g. MATLAB or a circuit simulator like Hspice ) to find the phase response.

Status
Not open for further replies.