Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Long time simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

maormat4

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am running simulation at pspice for 400ms and it takes forever.
my circuit is big and my frequency is 200khz.
how can i reduce the simulation time so it takes couple of minutes instead of hours?

Thank you.

You could add initial bias point so that for each new simulation it would not require time to charge capacitors for example. You could also replace analog parts of the circuit which is not the focus of the current analysis.

I can start the simulation in any time i want by saving bias point at this time?

There are some guidelines but each one is applicable to some type of circuit.

General rule is keep a node at a known voltage at startup. i.e, initial condition.

If yours is a switching circuit simulation then you can replace the switching devices with equivalent simple models.

Try reducing RELTOL= 0.005 as against default of 0.001. you can also tweak ABSTOL to 1n instead of 1p. This will loosen the tolerance and thus speed up simulation. however gain in terms of simulation time would be circuit specific. It also seems that your circuit has two very different time constant - a slow system may be 50 or 60Hz mains inputs supply and SMPS at 200KHz. Does it make sense to decouple these two for initial simulation thus faster simulation. At final stages connects these two system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back