Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Dual MicroBlaze design in Xilinx EDK 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

roshan12

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It is not possible to create a system design comprising of two MicroBlaze processors operating at the same time. I used the base system builder wizard in Xilinx EDK 10.1 to design the system. Initially I built a single processor system and then tried to add the second processor IP (from IP catalog). But when creating the netlist for the system the following error occured:

Performing IP level DRCs on properties...

Running DRC Tcl procedures for OPTION IPLEVEL_DRC_PROC...
ERROR:MDT - issued from TCL procedure
"::hw_microblaze_v7_10_a::check_iplevel_settings" line 6
microblaze_1 (microblaze) - The CLK signal is not connected. MicroBlaze
cannot work without a correct CLK signal input.
ERROR:MDT - platgen failed with errors!
Done!

The issue I suppose was with clock signal not connected to the processor IP. I didn't find any options to connect the same. What might I be doing wrong??

P.S: the processors are not intended to be used as multi-cores. They should be individually operating embedded processors

There is nothing in Xilinx's tool chain AFAIK that precludes having multiple Microblaze processors in a design, Carefully check that you have a clock connected to both Microblaze.

For your information, 2 MB MCS can be used on vivado.

how can I check for the connection?
the ports tab in system assembly view window doesn't show any clock signal connections. also for my design the BSB generated a clock generator and sys_proc_reset module.

should I manually modify the MHS file to pt in necessary clock signals for the processors?

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing in Xilinx's tool chain AFAIK that precludes having multiple Microblaze processors in a design, Carefully check that you have a clock connected to both Microblaze.

how can I check for the connection?
the ports tab in system assembly view window doesn't show any clock signal connections. also for my design the BSB generated a clock generator and sys_proc_reset module.

should I manually modify the MHS file to pt in necessary clock signals for the processors?

Do that as a test, and then read the new mhs-file back into the EDK tool.
Maybe you can see the clock signal and understand what mistake you did.
Then go back to your original mhs file and try to do the same thing.

Do that as a test, and then read the new mhs-file back into the EDK tool.
Maybe you can see the clock signal and understand what mistake you did.
Then go back to your original mhs file and try to do the same thing.

Hi, when i checked the MHS file the Microblaze instances were mapped as follows:

BEGIN microblaze
PARAMETER INSTANCE = microblaze_0
PARAMETER C_INTERCONNECT = 1
PARAMETER HW_VER = 7.10.a
PARAMETER C_DEBUG_ENABLED = 1
BUS_INTERFACE DLMB = dlmb_0
BUS_INTERFACE ILMB = ilmb_0
BUS_INTERFACE DPLB = mb_plb_0
BUS_INTERFACE IPLB = mb_plb_0
BUS_INTERFACE DEBUG = microblaze_0_dbg
PORT MB_RESET = mb_reset
PORT Interrupt = xps_timer_0_Interrupt

BEGIN microblaze
PARAMETER INSTANCE = microblaze_1
PARAMETER HW_VER = 7.10.a
BUS_INTERFACE DEBUG = microblaze_1_dbg
BUS_INTERFACE IPLB = mb_plb_1
BUS_INTERFACE DPLB = mb_plb_1
BUS_INTERFACE ILMB = dlmb_1
BUS_INTERFACE DLMB = ilmb_1
PORT MB_RESET = mb_reset
PORT INTERRUPT = xps_timer_1_Interrupt

the lines PARAMETER C_INTERCONNECT = 1 and were found to be missing in the Microblaze IP added afterwards.

I also tried to add an additional clock output to the clock generator.

what might i be missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back