Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverter input and output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshaydpal

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what will be the rms out put voltage of an inverter if the input is 240v DC?
how much input is required in DC to get a 240V AC rms output ?

Hi,

How much water can you fill into a glass?

It depends:
* On your topology (half bridge, full bridge...)
* on output signal (waveform, single phase, three phase..)
* maybe on used filters
* output current
* input voltage stability

Klaus

pure sine wave inverter - full bridge - mosfets controlled by spwm signal 10Khz from Pic via mosfet driver . fliter used is LC filter
now what will be the output required in Dc to get 240v ac rms output? current will be around 5A output.

Hi,

pure sine wave with full bridge.

I´m going back from the output:
* 240V RMS means +/-240V + sqrt(2) of peak voltage (abut 340V)
* the filter will have AC attenuation because of filter characteristic (even without load) --> therefore you need higher DC voltage
* the filter will reduce output voltage caused by: current x Filter_impedance (@ fundamental frequency) --> therefore you need higher DC voltage
* the Mosfet will reduce output voltage caused by I_mosfet x R_DS_ON --> therefore you need higher DC voltage
* Maybe you have wiring from DC supply to MOSFETs .. with impedance ... causing voltage drop --> therefore you need higher DC voltage
* Maybe your DC comes from rectified mains, then you will see a ripple on the DC path --> therefore you need higher DC voltage
* Maybe your DC comes from rectified mains, then expect that the mains voltage will vary (depending on your region) --> therefore you need higher DC voltage

We don´t have values for all the circuit.. therefore just an assumption:
Maybe go for 240V x 1.414 x 1.2 = about 400V (DC) then you have about 18% headroom for all the voltage drops.

Klaus

very useful information1
I made 1 phase to 3 phase inverter for 3 phase motor but my inverter max output voltage was 170vac under no load condition VDC=325v
PWM switching at 10KHz
output voltage measured by analog meter
expected 220vac:thinker:

any idea
but commercial inverters gives 220vac

I made 1 phase to 3 phase inverter for 3 phase motor but my inverter max output voltage was 170vac under no load condition VDC=325v
Probably wrong modulation scheme. 3-phase inverters need to superimpose a common-mode system to phase voltages for full utilization of DC bus voltage. But even without it, you would achieve 199 Vrms with 325 Vdc.

Hi,

With 3 phase inverters where the star point is not needed (motor application) you could optimize the output voltage when you modify the sine shape (referenced to star point)
If you do this correctely, then the phase to phase voltage is clean sine.

Klaus

Please elaborate more

For inverter I Used spwm technique. By sine table

i used same method i.e sine table 10Khz Spwm using pic 16f877A @abc_de if your project is complete can you please share the circuit diagram i would like to know more about your project

Paragraph "3.4 SAPWM (Saddle PWM)" in the Infineon application note is describing the superimposed common mode system I mentioned in post #7. The explanation could be clearer...

No reference, but a LibreOffice spreadsheet showing a possible generation algorithm (selecting the phase voltage with smallest absolute value, adding half of it to all phases. I'm using it in inverter PWM FPGA code.

SaddlePWM.png

Attachments

• SaddlePWM.zip
    41 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: abc_de

abc_de

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello
I did some changes in sine look up table but out put voltage remain same 170vac for 3 phase inverter (phase shift 120, 240 degree)
But if do setup for 1 phase then output is 230vac expected ( phase shift 180 degree)
But what's wrong in 3 phase inverter output

We don't know why your inverter doesn't work as expected. Using suitable modulation scheme (said Saddle PWM, also flat-top modulation), you can achieve 230 Vrms phase-to-phase voltage with 325 Vdc bus voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.