Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] GPS tracker interface with google map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew2

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am trying to create a gps tracker. The circuit will collect data and it will send it to the server. I will like to create an interface which collect the data and it will create points to the map. I know that i can use google map for convert the data (longitude/latitude) to point to the map. Can i use any other way instead of the google map ?

I wrote a program years ago using DirectX that loaded a bitmap picture of a nautical chart into memory. I scaled the picture so pixel row & column coordinates line up with Lat - Lon coordinates. Then I merged the chart picture onto a 3-D image of the ocean floor that was made with depth soundings.
I don't know if it would be worth while but you could write a program that would accept GPS coordinates and mark the corresponding pixels on a map in memory. Then save the picture (map) to file when done.

Shaded depth chart.jpgBlue floor.jpgImage2.jpgImage3.jpg

i am looking for a real time interface for the gps tracker.

It would still work. Display the bitmap, modify pixels, refresh the display.
Don't those cell phone tracking apps show on a map?

Using google maps is better because it is constantly updated. If you use your own images then if map data changes then your map will not show exact location (building). Just grab latitude and longitude data using gps and send it to google maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back