Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plane wave with Master Slave in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuroSamuro

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey ,

I created HFSS simulation that contains a structure, surrounded by air box.
Mastr\Slave boundary conditions were forced on each face of the box (3 masters and 3 slaves).

The structure was illuminated by a plane wave.

I received the following warning: Computations for incident wave excitation (except near field) require either radiation boundary or a PML.

My goal is to compute the E field at the origin.
What is the meaning of radiation boundary or PML in this infinite periodic structure?

Can I use plane wave excitation in this situation?(All of the air box faces were forced master or slave boundary condition).

thanks !

Probably, you only want Master/Save boundaries on two of the three axes, not all three. If the plane wave is propagating along a given axis, remove the Master/Slave pair on those faces and replace with radiation boundaries (or PMLs).

I've thought about that, but i wonder what does I simulate if master/slave applied on three axes?

Is this type of warning is critical If I look for the E field at the origin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back