Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Simulation software for Atmel Microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

STSCBE

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im still searching atmel controller library for Proteus. but i cant get it. Is there any simulation software for atmel series like at, atxmega, atmega and so on.

Thanks.

Proteus has AVR (ATMega) MCU models.

Im still searching atmel controller library for Proteus. but i cant get it. Is there any simulation software for atmel series like at, atxmega, atmega and so on.

Proteus offers support for various microcrontrollers, however in order to simulate with them you need to check whether it were already installed by default on ISIS or if it is required a further downloading for it. The WinAVR is an example of a (freeware) compiler that is not there by default. The only remark that I give you is that - at least for me - the generated HEX file did not work in the real device, although selected the release option. For that, I had to install the WINAVR compiler an run it standalone.

Proteus offers support for various microcrontrollers, however in order to simulate with them you need to check whether it were already installed by default on ISIS or if it is required a further downloading for it. The WinAVR is an example of a (freeware) compiler that is not there by default. The only remark that I give you is that - at least for me - the generated HEX file did not work in the real device, although selected the release option. For that, I had to install the WINAVR compiler an run it standalone.

okay but, there is only some listed micro controllers libraries i cant find in internet. Is there any other simulation software like proteus for atmel?

I think that could be more productive if you specify exactly which device and which compiler do you want to use in PROTEUS so that the people who have this CAD will be able to check there. Anyway, as far as I remember, there was support for many compilers as well variants of the ATMEL familly, such as AVR, C51, ARM, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.