Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to specify the natural resonance of the inductor in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

antp

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I am trying to do two-band antenna and use inductor as selective network for frequency separation. And how to specify the natural resonance of the inductor with interturn capacitance, when it similar to parallel oscillating loop?
**broken link removed** **broken link removed**
Thanks in advance.

Sorry, your attachments expired. Reason unknown.
Please try re-posting your images. The 'Add an Image' button is reliable and straightforward.

You could just add a parallel capacitance that is equal to the interturn capacitance times the number of turns. Also known as the SRF (Self Resonant Frequency).

Now try to restart the attachment

I thought I would be able to separately simulate the inductor in hfss using some ports, boundary conditions, and solution type, then put it in my antenna design, but I don't know how to do it correctly...
is it possible to measure the natural frequency of the inductor in HFSS separately?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back