Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FSK Demodulation (SDR sharp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NN3694

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a signal recorded by USB dongle (Using SDR sharp). My signal is FSK signal. It is in I and Q format. Can you help me how to demodulate this signal to "0" and "1"? See the picture with my signal.

Thanks for help :)

Jan

Attachments

• IQ_FSK.png
    IQ_FSK.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 188

The easiest way to do this is to compute the frequency discriminant (i.e. phase difference between consecutive samples). If you plot that, then you should see two clear symbol levels (assuming the signal is fairly clean 2-FSK).

To properly demodulate in an automated manner, you will need to recover the symbol timing and carrier offset. This might be trivial, or might require some simple control loops. If you want any more specific information, please provide your data and I will write some simple Matlab code to demodulate the signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back