Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plc to plc communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

YassineUplifter

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey everyone

i need your help i want to make a wireless communication between 2 plcs using GSM modem ,sending a message from plc 1 the other plc should get it in it's memory

Thanks

Did you mean PIC and/or PLC? A mixture of lowecase and uppercase characters may lead in a misleading. Anyway, for both cases, considering that most GSM module interfaces are serial, I do not really see any issue there.

Hi,

A PLC datasheet should show you the available options.

Klaus

it's so simple but im stuck I have plc 1 +GSM modem 1 which is connected to sensor of level for an example once the sensor detect a value it should send it to other plc 2+ gsm Modem 2 so a kind of communicating an information between two plcs wirelessely could you plz help me :)

I asked for help not for lessons about how to write a post you should learn how to reply in polite manner ;)

I asked for help not for lessons about how to write a post you should learn how to reply in polite manner ;)
The reply wasn't that polite, but you haven't shown any indication that you've tried anything, read anything, or know anything about what you are attempting.

Your first post implies you want someone to do the entire design for you for free or tell you step by step what to do. This kind of open ended question usually results in the type of answers you've already received.

FYI, nobody except 1 or 2 individuals on edaboard will do your work for you if you make or show no effort on your part.

As others have stated, without providing any useful information, no useful help can be provided.
For example:
What brand and model of PLC? (Siemens, A-B, ABB, Mitsubishi, Rockwell, GE, etc...) S7, PLC5, ControlLogix, etc.
What brand model of GSM modem? Does it have serial port interface? Is it RS-232, RS485, or ??

All of the major brands of PLCs already have various radio link modules and products, so are you using one of them, or a 3rd party brand?

All of the major brand PLCs support several protocols that could be used over radio link (Profibus, DataHighway, DH485, Cnet, etc). What protocol(s) are the PLCs using in the application, and do you need to implement one of those over the link, or a more simplistic data interchange.

What have you tried to do so far?

Gsm Modem For Plcs Communications

hey everyone has anyone of you did project like this one "GSM modem" that offers a Communication between 2 plcs can you help me please .

Thanks

Re: Gsm Modem For Plcs Communications

I would say that almost all PLC's have Serial interfaces, as well as almost all Modem's have Serial interfaces. What is properly the issue ?

Re: Gsm Modem For Plcs Communications

I want to make a GSM Modem in order to communicate a state of sensor for an enxample between 2 plcs "modbus connexion "

Not simple at all.

First some points have to be clarified. MODBUS interface of PLC can be either serial MODBUS or MODBUS-TCP. Unless a third MODBUS device is involved in the communication, one PLC must act as server and the other as client with the client initiating the communication.

Possible GMS connection types are either dialed peer-to-peer modem connection or IP connection through internet. In the latter case you have the problem that mobile internet providers usually don't support ingoing connections. So an IP connection between two mobile modems can be only established in a VPN offered by a third party, e.g. a stationary server with fixed IP or reachable through dynamic DNS service.

The function of routing PLC MODBUS interface to GSM modem can be provided by a custom microcontroller system, an intelligent GSM modem with JAVA support, or in case of MODBUS TCP possibly also by a GSM router.

The just brought specification "modbus connexion" has nothing to do with the initial question, for whose replies seems like you did not made any further research or had completelly disregarded them. Seems like you're just bumping this thread expecting that someone does this job for you. I could be indeed not the most polite before, but you are not helping too much for undo the impression that you did not absolutely anything so far.

"routing PLC MODBUS interface to GSM modem can be provided by a custom microcontroller system"
can you give more details about this one please,the problem that im still blocked a little bit I didnt work on something like this before ,also if there are any ressources you can sugest that would be very helpful .

Status
Not open for further replies.