Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spiral inductor simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsnr

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I want to measure the voltage generated across the terminals of a spiral inductor when it is exposed to electromagnetic radiation.How can i simulate this model? which software is best to do this job?
In most of the EM simulators, I can supply voltage to the coil and able to generate magnetic field values but what i need is reverse. I want to place the inductor in a magnetic field which generates voltage across it.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated and thank you in advance.

If its electromagnetic radiation, only the magnetic H field is going to induce anything into a coil.

I don't know of any particular software, but a pancake coil is just like any other coil if you set turns per layer to one and just keep building up layers.

If you use 3D EM simulator, you can draw your spiral against a ideal antenna with a azimuth and elevation angles,then you can check the s-parameters and since the applied power/voltage to the ideal antenna, you can also find induced and appeared voltage/power at the terminals of the spiral.It looks like antenna chamber..

In most of the EM simulators, I can supply voltage to the coil and able to generate magnetic field values but what i need is reverse. I want to place the inductor in a magnetic field which generates voltage across it.

This is reciprocal. If you know the magnetic field created by your current, the same numbers apply the other way round.

Another common approach is to use two coils in simulation.

Last edited:
Reactions: vsnr

vsnr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back