Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate inductor and capacitor for ac circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

INGLE.SHUBHAM

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CALCULATE THE INDUCTOR AND CAPACITOR VALUES FOR THIS CIRCUIT

Vin = 230V / 50Hz
Celing Fan resistance = 350 ohms

That's not a circuit. It's a voltage and "ceiling fan resistance", whatever that it.

sir here is the circuit

inductor and capacitor.png

The circuit makes no sense. Why would you connect L and C in series with the fan motor?

A possible capacitor application would be for a "capacitor-run" single phase motor with two windings.

fan regulator.png

sir im trying to build the above circuit to regulate the fan speed and its working fine in different steps but there is some humming noise in the fan to reduce this noise, the inductor and capacitor is used

but i dont know how to calculate the inductor and capacitor and how to fix the proper value of this 2 components so that the noise should be completely eliminated.

please suggest something

The dimmer LC filter is implementing a different circuit than previously shown. It can reduce dimmer "buzz" but probably won't eliminate it completely.

- - - Updated - - -

I would choose an EMI suppression choke according to the rated motor current (e.g. 0.5 A or what it is) and maximal available inductance, e.g. a few mH and a capacitor of 0.2 to 1 µF, rated for 250 VAC.

im now using 200mh and 0.1uf/600V

i have chosen this values by studying some of the circuits related to the inductive loads and many of the circuits are using the same value but i didn't understood how they calculated this values

so suggest me some formulas which i can calculate the inductor and capacitor value theoretically which it meets the above values and the inputs are
Vsin = 230/50Hz
Fan resistance = 350 ohms

What is fan inductance ? Inductance in series adds.

Status
Not open for further replies.